Friday, October 10, 2008

Meet Your Blogger

I have been blogging for a few weeks now, and I figured it was time to introduce myself!

My name is Mikhaila Clements, I am 20 years old and am currently attending Florida Atlantic University.

I am also a third generation TFCU member. My grandfather first started using Tropical Financial when he was working for Bell South nearly 40 years ago and my family has been with TFCU ever since.

TFCU has been right there with me for all of my money milestones. Looking back I can remember...

Getting my first ATM card
Getting my first visa debit card and then my second, third...and fourth replacements
Buying my car
Attending a free personal financial advising session before moving away for college
Establishing a personal line of credit to build my credit score
An endless amount of visits to TropicalFCU.org while I was living in Orlando, away from a TFCU branch - it's no wonder I moved back!

Despite all the memories at TFCU, the best thing is still the fact that when I walk in to my local Albertson's branch to deposit my check everyone knows my name and genuinely cares about how I am. With the hustle and bustle I encounter daily as a South Florida college student, it's nice to feel at home at my credit union.

No comments: